New Additions for KickBeat Steam Edition:
- Six exclusive tracks from the Electronic Super Joy OST by indie electronic artist enV have been added to the single player campaign. There are now 24 tracks in the campaign!
- Advanced difficulty is now available in Free Play
- Beat Your Music mode is available much earlier in the campaign, allowing you to create your own custom tracks without having to complete the single player campaign
- Adjustments have been made to the difficulty progression, helping players adjust to higher levels of play on a better curve
- Enhanced graphics
- Customizable keyboard controls + full X input controller support.
- 42 Steam Achievements
- Stream Trading Cards
- Steam Cloud Support
The KickBeat Steam Edition Soundtrack features tracks from a diverse lineup of artists from well known bands such as Pendulum and Marilyn Manson, to indie musicians Celldweller and Blue Stahli, to hidden talents like electronic music producer Voicians and Taiwanese rapper Shen Yi.
KickBeat Steam Edition Soundtrack
Pendulum – Self vs. Self, Propane Nightmares (Celldweller Remix)
Celldweller – Switchback, I Can’t Wait
Marilyn Manson – The Beautiful People
Shen Yi – War Dance
POD – Boom
Papa Roach – Last Resort
Blue Stahli – Takedown, Scrape, Ultranumb
Southpaw Swagger – It’s Showtime
Pre-Fight Hype – It’s Goin Down
Voicians – Fighters, The Construct
Rob Zombie – Scum of the Earth
Styles Beyond – Nine Thou (Grant Mohrman “Superstar’ Remix)
Pre-Fight Hype & Southpaw Swagger – Tug-O-War
enV – Destination
enV – RPM
enV – Vee
enV – Shakestopper
enV – OCP
enV – Bloom
Beat Your Music mode features a set of tools allowing players to use their own music to create custom KickBeat tracks. Experiment with different types of music to create different types of fights!
We got rid of the bars, arrows, button icons, etc. that other music games rely on as action cues and replaced them with fully 3D animated characters. Instead of just seeing characters in the background moving to a preset script as eye candy while the actual gameplay takes place in an abstract 2D interface, you actually control and react to those 3D characters. That means you actually get to focus your attention on what those characters are doing! As you play the game, you’re creating your own fight sequence with your button presses. We also let you get rid of all the other interface parts (such as score) if you like, so that there are no distractions from the action.
KickBeat features a full length single player campaign with beautifully hand drawn animations and a unique art style.
- “KickBeat succeeds as both a rhythm game and a fighting one” – JoyStiq
- “Combining slick combat with finely tuned rhythm-action fare, KickBeat was so frenetic it even managed to stir me from my early-morning half-awake sate.” – Pocket Gamer
- “The hand-drawn animation really stands out in this regard and I found myself getting absorbed by the hypnotic flow of the figures moving in and out of the combat area.” – Destructoid