KickBeat Comes to Steam!
Published: January 7, 2014
On January 20th, KickBeat Steam Edition, an expanded edition of our experimental rhythm game, will hit Steam for $9.99 in North America and €8.99 in Europe.
KickBeat Steam Edition offers players several innovative ways to interact with music. The game combines beat-matching mechanics with an acrobatic style of martial arts, turning every song into a raucous battle. The game also features a music analyzer that allows you to create new tracks from your own music library!
The KickBeat Steam Edition soundtrack has been expanded for the special Steam release, and now includes 6 tracks from the awesome indie game Electronic Super Joy, from artist EnV as part of the game’s single player campaign. The game features tracks from a diverse lineup of artists ranging from well-known bands such as Pendulum and Marilyn Manson, to indie pioneers Celldweller and Blue Stahli, to hidden talents like electronic music producer Voicians and Taiwanese rapper Shen Yi.
We listened to feedback from players from the PlayStation®3 release, and made several changes and additions to the game for Steam:
• Advanced difficulty is now available in Free Play mode
• Beat Your Music mode is available much earlier in the campaign, allowing you to create your own custom tracks without having to complete the single player campaign
• Adjustments have been made to the difficulty progression, helping players adjust to higher levels of play on a better curve
• Enhanced visual fidelity
• Customizable keyboard controls plus full X input controller support
• Achievements, Steam Trading Cards and Steam Cloud Support